Monday, March 17, 2008

Apology to Roland

Roland, 
I am sorry if I have made you feel that I dismiss your insight out of hand or because it's from you as the source.  I do not and never wanted you to feel that way.  I respect your views and thoughts on these issues.  Sorry for anytime when I've let my passion be negatively addressed to you, especially when you have not deserved it.  I have never wanted that. 

I need to learn how to disagree more agreeably.  Sorry that you have been one of those people I learn on.  Yes, I disagree with the missional church.  I've made that painfully obvious.  I agree with some of the questions they are asking and am trying to learn from them.  The conclusions they come to, I do not like or find solidly biblical.  I feel this movement is outside of evangelicalism and that is water I'm familiar in discussing in.  

I will thrive to be more of a servant, learner and disagree less verbally.  Sorry for offending you if I have done so.  

1 comment:

laughing pastor said...

Apologies aside...no one wants to let go. Letting go doesn't feel right or safe or even sane. I suppose the missional church calling to let go of some long held traditions and ways of living faith is and will always be threatening to many.

I've spent a lifetime frantically holding on tightly to good things and not so good things in and outside of the church. The problem has less to do with what is good and bad and more to do with my holding on and not trusting God.

The missional church definition I am presently discerning helps me to better understand not only the church but the struggle I have had with ministry in the church. I do believe I've spent more time and energy inviting people to church and less time to a relationship with God.

The relationship I am finally discovering with God has very little to do with much of what we debate about in the church. This relationship is giving me a deep sense of peace and with this peace I am finally letting go of what I think is right and wrong, good and bad. I believe I am finally able and ready to trust God.